Artists For Humanity Epicenter is a gem of a Boston wedding venue! It’s industrial modern feel with white washed walls is a blank canvas for bringing your vision for your wedding day to life. This February I partnered with an incredible team of vendors, led by planner Carianne Gunn to capture a luxurious botanical inspired wedding shoot. She loves plants almost as much as she loves planning weddings, so she envisioned warming up the industrial space with rich textures and lots of greenery. Some of my favorite elements from the day included:
- The stunning wall of climbing greenery that acted as a focal point and gave beautiful texture to the space. All of the florals were truly the stars of this shoot as they were the inspiration point for our planner and brought a feel of warmth and modern romance.
- Velvet touches found in the invitation suite, the place card ribbons, and the bridesmaids dresses that look and feel luxurious.
- Two different looks achieved simply by swapping out the tablecloth – you could use both at a wedding and alternate tables for a cohesive look that was also interesting and rich in texture.
- The soft flawless hair and makeup with a pop of lip color that added a little glamour to our bride’s look.
- Candles! Not every venue allows for open flames so you have to check on this way ahead of time, but I love having taper candles on the table to add elegance and drama. Plus, as the evening goes on and the lights dim, the candle light provides a warm glow that is super romantic.
- The tone-on-tone texture of the grooms jacket. It was subtle but looked great in the light and gave him a pop of interest to match his bride.
- Menu cards oriented horizontally to lay across the plates instead of the traditional vertical setup. This is a great example of how a small detail can be innovative and change the look from overdone to fresh and new.
- Not one, but two feature cakes and cookies! The incorporation of florals on one cake and then the geode motif on the other brought the natural and botanical inspiration for this shoot into the desserts in a lovely way.
The phenomenal team of local creators who came together to make this inspiration session happen need a shoutout:
Design + Planning/ Events by Carianne
Venue / Artists for Humanity Epicenter
Floral + Greenery / Twig & Briar
Stationery + Signage/ Boxed Wedding Invitations
Hair + Makeup / Jenny Luu
Bridesmaid Dresses / Jenny Yoo Collection
Bridal Gown/ Jann Marie Bridal
Tux/ Hive & Colony
Rentals / Peak Event Services
Videographer/ Aeropex Media
Cakes / Tamar Ledoux
Cookies / Dolce Vida Baking Co.
Jewelry/ E. Scott Originals
Watercolor Artwork / Trisha Shaw Illustration
Green Linen / Nuage Designs
Bridesmaid / Sharrel Paul
Bridesmaid / Janelle Jacobson
Bride/ Van Van Tassell
Groom/Dan Van Tassell / NA